The Pitt Meadows Airport Society (PMAS) announced the approval of YPK’s Safety Upgrade and Runway Enhancement project.
The project will have four main elements:
- The addition of new cabling and runway lighting, including precision approach instruments for landing.
- The installation of a new lighting control panel in the Control Tower.
- A 300-foot extension to the primary runway from 4,700 ft. to 5,000 ft.
- The addition of Runway End Safety Areas (RESAs) to the primary runway.
Runway Enhancement Project Update *As of December 14, 2016:
- Pre-load has been placed on the east end of runway 26L and will continue to settle until early spring of 2017
- Runway edge lights have been re-wired and replaced with LED lighting
- Wiring for the Omni Directional Approach Lighting System (ODALs) have been installed for runway 08R
- Wiring for the Precision Approach Path Indicators (PAPI’s) and platforms have been installed
Information and Reports